Noun(1) an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf(2) the sound of a hound on the scent(3) small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking; also used by ancient Greeks to crown victors(4) a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital(5) a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose(6) a small recess opening off a larger room(7) a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
Verb(1) utter in deep prolonged tones(2) bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
Adjective(1) (used of animals especially a horse
(1) Elza hopped off the bay 's back and hitched the two horses to the nearest tree.(2) Some parts of Lovecraft's work as in the first few lines of, "He," are as prosaic as a fog horn, and as lyrical as a wolf's bay .(3) After popping the hood your eyes quickly glance over a very functional engine bay .(4) The bay is beautiful - long and curving - and has thousands of Palmyra palm trees.(5) After quickly saddling and bridling Fleet, he grabbed the bay 's reins and pulled the reluctant gelding outside into the pouring rain.(6) a boat trip round the bay(7) At that moment, a rider on a spotted dark bay horse came out from the city.(8) Cut back overgrown specimens of spotted laurel, bay , box, fatsia, skimmia and evergreen cotoneaster.(9) Repair work on a Mercedes will never be cheap, no matter how much room is in the engine bay .(10) The results would have been devastating if that screwdriver had lodged in the landing gear or in the engine bay of one of our aircraft.(11) Byron has had some good tuna being landed as the bay is holding some healthy schools of baitfish.(12) After systems are up and ready, Pioneer is pulled out of its hangar bay by a vehicle adjacent to the runway for startups.(13) As Trevor said this, they passed over the mountains, showing a bay with a large city surrounding it.(14) The bay gelding was previously conditioned by Norman Miller III.(15) a drive bay(16) This means more vehicles through the service bay and more profit for the dealer.
(1) at bay :: Lahdessa
(2) bay window :: erkkeri
(3) bay leaf :: laakerinlehti
(4) loading bay :: lastauslaituri
(5) sick bay :: sairasosastosta
(6) red bay :: red Bay
(7) bay of pigs :: Sikojenlahden
(8) keep at bay :: pysy Lahdessa
(9) parking bay :: pysäköinti lahti
(10) drive bay :: levyasemapaikka
1. cove ::
2. alcove ::
3. bay tree ::
4. embayment ::
5. howl ::
6. quest ::
baal, baals, bay, bayed, bayer, bayes, baying, bays
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Got in a boat and rowed
past the Bay of Seals.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
The Bay of Dragons?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
not at the bottom of Blackwater Bay.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
I'll have your head
thrown into Slaver's Bay.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
It would take us two months
to get to the Bay of Seals.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
English to Finnish Dictionary: bay
Meaning and definitions of bay, translation in Finnish
language for bay with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bay in Finnish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'bay'
What bay means in Finnish, bay meaning
in Finnish, bay
definition, examples and pronunciation
of bay in Finnish language.