Noun(1) a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols(2) (language(3) the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number(4) the cognitive processes involved in producing and understanding linguistic communication(5) the mental faculty or power of vocal communication(6) a system of words used to name things in a particular discipline
(1) And later, these men and women had to do a minute analysis of one another's diction, style, language , and so on.(2) the course helped his language skills(3) Body language , expressions, and environmental cues can deepen emotional bonds.(4) Despite her poetic language FrÔö£┬«chette does not avoid making rather obvious lessons of Helen's journey.(5) Tigrinya is a language whose sound system is quite exotic from an English speaker's point of view.(6) language development(7) But I'm saying things which are so naked, and often in a very poetic language that is somehow so personal.(8) The tone of Boyfriend! is of someone older writing for a younger audience in simple language .(9) Its language and style remain miles away from the day-to-day concerns of ordinary black South Africans.(10) He had tried to express in scholarly language the excitement we all felt.(11) One of the placements should involve communication in a language other than English, at least at a basic level.(12) a language of gesture and facial expression(13) Written language is a also [sic] a human invention, like spoken language , but it is not a universal invention.(14) strong language(15) the film contains some violence and bad language(16) The grammars of these languages contain vital clues to the nature of the human language faculty, which is still very much an unsolved problem.
(1) native language :: äidinkieli
(2) foreign language :: vieras kieli
(3) body language :: kehonkieli
(4) sign language :: viittomakieli
(5) target language :: Kohdekieli
(6) official language :: virallinen kieli
(7) language barrier :: kielimuuri
(8) language arts :: kielitaiteet
1. speech ::
2. tongue ::
3. wording ::
4. lyric ::
5. terminology ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
(SPEAKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE)
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
(ALL PRAYING IN
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
...well, excuse my LANGUAGE,
but my bathing-suit parts.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
You know, she used harsh LANGUAGE
and slammed the door.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
the wrong LANGUAGE.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
English to Finnish Dictionary: language
Meaning and definitions of language, translation in Finnish
language for language with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of language in Finnish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'language'
What language means in Finnish, language meaning
in Finnish, language
definition, examples and pronunciation
of language in Finnish language.