Noun(1) a garment size for a large person
Adjective(1) above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent, or large(2) fairly large or important in effect; influential(3) ostentatiously lofty in style(4) generous and understanding and tolerant(5) conspicuous in position or importance(6) having broad power and range and scope(7) in an advanced stage of pregnancy
Adverb(1) at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark(2) with the wind abaft the beam(3) in a boastful manner
(1) It will be seen from this that Bellavitis worked on a large range of mathematical topics.(2) It has been happening on a very large scale in manufacturing industry in Britain.(3) As in hurling, the playing field is about the size of a large football pitch, with a goal at either end.(4) A relatively large sum of money is required from members and friends of the club.(5) The unexplainable fact is, the cul-de-sac is of ample size for even a large van to turn round.(6) He was very grand and extreme, very artistic; everything he did was on a large scale.(7) We had to lop a year off that, as it would clearly be impossible to get actors to cover that large an age range.(8) The difficulties of regional distribution add to the problem of building a market large enough to sustain the industry.(9) Is there a relatively large group of people or an area that could be swayed by such arguments?(10) Not being inordinately large in size, he had the advantage of being an amateur boxer.(11) Had it done so, pain and tragedy and loss on a very large scale could have been avoided.(12) The leaves were selected from different parts of the plants to span a large range of mass, area and age.(13) Being a large economy, the euro zone is much less open than individual member states.(14) At points I was considering getting a large hammer and knocking most of my own teeth out.(15) At first the boy was deemed to be too large to be considered for the operation.(16) there was a large number of people present
(1) at large :: yleensä
(2) by and large :: suurin piirtein
(3) extra large :: XL
(4) large-scale :: laaja
(5) very large :: hyvin suuri
(6) large intestine :: paksusuoli
(7) large amount :: suuri määrä
(8) a large :: suuri
(9) a large number of :: suuri määrä
(10) large size :: suurikokoinen
1. big ::
2. abundant ::
3. wide-reaching ::
4. gravid ::
5. tumid ::
1. bantam ::
2. dinky ::
3. dwarf ::
4. little ::
5. puny ::
6. small ::
large, largely, largeness, larges, largess
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's all buried--
three LARGE heaps.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
which is why we surround ourselves
with LARGE, comfortable boxes
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
Plus it was the only boys' LARGE
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
in LARGE cities
at that time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
And a LARGE number of people
will believe it never happened.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
English to Finnish Dictionary: large
Meaning and definitions of large, translation in Finnish
language for large with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of large in Finnish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'large'
What large means in Finnish, large meaning
in Finnish, large
definition, examples and pronunciation
of large in Finnish language.