hame, lieve, helma, reunus, hameosa, helmuskiertää, kierrellä, väistää, kiertää jk ympäri, kiertää jnk ympäri
Noun(1) cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist(2) a garment hanging from the waist; worn mainly by girls and women(3) (Fungi(4) informal terms for a (young
Verb(1) avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues(2) pass around or about; move along the border(3) form the edge of(4) extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle
(1) Crichton novels often skirt the boundary between science fiction and reality.(2) If the saddle or the blanket is too long at the skirt it too may be rubbing her at the hip bone area.(3) It would skirt Northcliffe Playing fields and pass under or over Bradford Road at the Branch pub.(4) The dress had a beautiful A line skirt and a strapless bodice that had dark pink beaded designs on it.(5) If you are walking, you can skirt round the edge of the crag and follow some steps to rejoin the path.(6) She glanced down at her knee-length blue denim skirt and long white sweater, and sighed.(7) Her flowing skirt was hiked up in back with just a hint of a bustle.(8) So we try to skirt past this lot, and find ourselves in the church of furniture, the calm haven that is Habitat.(9) She smoothed out the long skirt of her gown and waited for Thomas to stand.(10) Madison straightened out her black mini skirt and matching camisole and exited the car.(11) When I stand my hands rest on the netted skirt of the gown.(12) I had on a knee-length faded jean skirt with a red halter top.(13) The bill was drafted in an attempt to skirt constitutional concerns.(14) "They skirt the usury laws by saying it's not a loan, " Nixon said.(15) Jean tries to keep her patience by smoothing her suede leather skirt .(16) As she stepped out of the room, her hoop skirt swishing slightly, she ran into Drew.
(1) short skirt :: lyhyt hame
(2) long skirt :: pitkä hame
(3) mini-skirt :: minihame
(4) grass skirt :: ruoho hame
(5) pleated skirt :: vekkihame
(6) skirt steak :: hame pihvi
(7) tight skirt :: tiukka hame
(8) a bit of skirt :: vähän helman
(9) pencil skirt :: lyijykynä hame
1. dame ::
2. annulus ::
4. border ::
5. avoid ::
6. environ ::
7. hedge ::
skirt, skirted, skirting, skirts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That is, underneath your mini SKIRT, huh?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
Slutty cop only came
with a SKIRT and two badges.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
But I can kind of...
see up your SKIRT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
Unless you have Gravity
on Blu-ray under that SKIRT,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
But I never wear a mini SKIRT, Ángel.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
English to Finnish Dictionary: skirt
Meaning and definitions of skirt, translation in Finnish
language for skirt with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of skirt in Finnish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'skirt'
What skirt means in Finnish, skirt meaning
in Finnish, skirt
definition, examples and pronunciation
of skirt in Finnish language.