yhteenveto, tiivistelmälyhyt, tiivis, summittainen, pikainen
Noun(1) a brief statement that presents the main points in a concise form
Adjective(1) performed speedily and without formality(2) briefly giving the gist of something
(1) Alluding to the evidentialist objection as often as he does, Plantinga naturally makes use of summary statements of it.(2) Gun law, robbery, summary execution and internecine fighting have become the disorder of the day.(3) If the service provider only provides a summary bill with no call detail, pay the extra fee to get the detailed billing.(4) In addition, short summary statements can be used to denote events, personal strengths, and so on.(5) It began with a reminder of the history of our two families, in Ghana and in England, his summary account of who we were.(6) Full details of the analytical results from which the summary tables presented in this section are derived are available on request from the authors.(7) A further difficulty is that, in Mill's summary statement of the method, all circumstances are on a par.(8) In spite of its brevity, it is the most comprehensive summary listing that I have seen in print.(9) In the following sections I give a summary account of them.(10) I suppose they were expecting to find a summary statement they could just pass along.(11) They have the power of summary arrest and extradition, in spite of existing British laws, which specifically prohibit such action.(12) Because of its extreme brevity, it has been used both as a summary statement of Mahyna truth, and as a liturgical and ritual text.(13) Refusal to carry out an order resulted in summary execution.(14) As summary statements, part of their rationale is to provide a key to the linkages between different articles.(15) The Soviets executed soldiers on an infinitely greater scale, either after due process or as summary military punishment.(16) It also shows that copyright holders and their supporters will lean on the police to dispense summary punishment through judicial seizure.
(1) in summary :: Yhteenvetona
(2) summary report :: yhteenvetoraportti
(3) summary table :: yhteenvetotaulukko
(4) summary sheet :: yhteenvetolomake
(5) summary dismissal :: yhteenveto irtisanominen
(6) summary statement :: yhteenveto
(7) summary judgment :: yhteenveto tuomio
1. synopsis ::
2. sum-up ::
3. abridged ::
4. immediate ::
5. drumhead ::
6. compact ::
1. circuitous ::
2. diffuse ::
3. prolix ::
4. verbose ::
5. windy ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and sent me back up north
for a SUMMARY execution.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
English to Finnish Dictionary: summary
Meaning and definitions of summary, translation in Finnish
language for summary with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of summary in Finnish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'summary'
What summary means in Finnish, summary meaning
in Finnish, summary
definition, examples and pronunciation
of summary in Finnish language.